January 23, 24, 25, 26, 30, 31, February 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, and 9
TIME: The late 1940s.
PLACE: Oak Bank, Manitoba. Home of the first and last all-girl radio station, and the very famous ringing, swinging Jim’s Gym. (The right place for your New Year workouts!)
ACT 1: Come with us as we enter the world of the wireless. Radio broadcasting at its best! Swimming through the air waves we encounter the turbulence of the Three Bear Opponents in a sleazy auberge. But – is there a Goldilocks? Oh yes, indeed – the songstress of the station beats Bertha to the punch in the world of love. But listen! We are on the air! Does the Oak Bank Planning Committee, under the indecisive leadership of its fashion conscious Mayor, know just what is accelerating towards Saturday Night? Stay tuned to our broadcast!
ACT 2: Romance in the ring is hotting up, but, alas, the couples seem to have changed partners. The air waves are rolling on overload with frantic females fostering fear. Saturday night looms ahead. Entering the ring, with rippling torsos, our sport heroes display their latest outfits. This is not Hockey Night in Canada, folks – but close to it! For more information stay on the line – WGAL never disconnects.
MENU – Bertha de Blooze Café
- Mushroom Soup…”Willie Beatum” to the pot for seconds?
- Dinner Rolls…”Lottie Doe” in these squeezables!! It’ll help the “Arthur Itis”!
- Barron of Beef (fresh from the “Jim Locker”)…you’ll definitely want to “Tara Boneapart” once you taste this!
- Horseradish…this hot stuff will give you “Squinty Peepers”!
- Roast Potatoes…big “Buck N. Vestor”ed in these gems. Smother them in “Doug’s Grave”y
- Corn…a real “Rhoda Rooter”!
- Carrots…”Dr. Linda Neer” says these are good for the eyesight!
- “Death By Chocolate” Dessert…a real “Belle Ringer” to satisfy your sweet tooth! “Mort Ripley” says, “dig in”!
- Tea/Coffee…”Kent de Syde” which one to have? Enjoy a cup of each!
- An “Yves Dropper” said there’ll be some “Ruthless” sweets on your table later!
- Bar Refreshments…don’t be getting your “Hedda Fuller-Eyre” especially if you’re driving!
|Willy Beatum||Mark Kroeker|
|Lottie Doe||Desiree Rayner|
|Tara Boneapart||Donna Chapko|
|Rowdy Ruthless||Doug Zawada|
|Evileen Ruthless||Nettie Rayner|
|Hedda Fuller-Eyre||Shirley Gibb|
|Rhoda Rooter||Fairlie Argle|
|Yves Dropper||Dave Rayner|
|Dr. Linda Neer||Vera Bracken|
|Jim Locker||Don Carruthers|
|Squinty Peepers||Lindsay Kyle|
|Belle Ringer||Christine Robinson|
|Mayor Kent de Syde||Gerry Elliott|
|Buck N. Vestor||Allan Doern|
|Mort Ripley||Terry Gibb|
|Doug Graves||Lawrie Kyle|
|Bertha de Blooze||Irene Peters|
|Father Arthur Itis||Park Munro|
|…and a Special Guest Star|
|Music||Arline & Norv Christopherson|
|Masters of Ceremony||Ken Fanstone, Greg Humphries, Patty Kavanagh|
|Producers||Norv Christopherson, Donna McLeod,
|Script Assistant||Donalda Matity|
|Stage Managers||Ian Reid, Michael Robinson|
|Props & Sets||Myriam Matwiy, Marcia Kroeker|
|Lighting & Audio||Dave Matity|
|Food||Kim & Ian Reid, Barb Kyle, Ardith Cook,
Shari Rogerson, Jan Fanstone, Bev Humphries,
|Clean Up/Set Up||Barb Zawada|
|Costume Coordinators||Shirley Gibb, Irene Peters|
|Sewing Coordinator||Karen Hunt|
|Make-up Coordinators||Sandra Robinson, Donalda Matity|
|Ticket Sales & Door Greeters||Mario & Cindy Chaput|
|Programs & Ticket Printing||Kelly & Darren Dueck|
|Hospitality Room||Pat McIntyre, Eleanor Marland|
|Cast Rep||Fairlie Argle|
|Senior Tickets||Shirley Marshall|